Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Armchair Tidy or Table Scrap bin???

Happy December to one and all......

Just a quick posting to show one of my makes that has proved quite popular recently. I have made - and sold!!! - a number of these but never took any pictures. This is one I have made today (to order). Most of the others I had made previously were, not on purpose, more suited to ladies as the materials tended to be floral so while at a fayre over the weekend I was asked if I had any in more manly colours.

The idea of these is to drape them over the arm of your sofa or armchair to keep your remote controls, spectacles or other such items to hand.

 
 
The opening of the bag is kept open by a ring of plastic boning sewn in between the outer and the lining.
 


To balance the weight of the items placed in the bag the other end of the connecting straps has a small bag filled with dried rice.

Another use for these is as a small bin for scraps when crafting. The weight can be put on the table with the bag hanging over the side and all your scraps or off cuts can be put in the bag instead of (if you are anything like me) all over the floor.

 
Well off to find some more manly material to make a couple more of these handy items....

No comments:

Post a Comment